Comfortable, Natural Looking Dentures
Are you suffering with your dentures? Do you have sore gums and ulcers? Would you like to eat what you like again?
If your answer to any of the questions above is ‘yes’ and if you are ready to start eating out again with your friends and want to feel good about yourself, then we are ready to help you.
At Nethergate Dental Practice, we are able to offer comfortable, natural looking dentures to boost your confidence.
Five Reasons why comfortable, natural looking dentures could be for you…
- Your new denture will look totally natural and feel great.
- Your new denture will be designed by our experienced dentists and made from the highest quality materials that will typically last for many years.
- Your new denture will feel great and enable you to smile and eat with confidence.
- Our dentist and technician will create a denture that fits perfectly to help avoid rubbing and soreness.
- We use top quality materials that are designed to last.
There are many people who cope well with dentures, but there are also many people who find them uncomfortable and, at times, embarrassing to wear. Some people may even struggle to eat. There are a number of options open to you, which depend on whether you are missing several or all of your teeth.
Better yet, our comfortable, natural looking dentures will help you to eat the foods you love again, chew that juicy steak, bite that apple or eat out in public again without feeling self-conscious.
Dentures have been available for many years and offer an inexpensive, quick and easy solution to replacing lost teeth. Typically they are made of acrylic (plastic) or a combination of acrylic and metal (cobalt/chrome alloy).
They can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or the full dentition. To help retain the denture, the acrylic usually extends into the palate, which may affect comfort, speech and taste.
What are comfortable, natural looking dentures?
Dentures can be used to restore complete or partially damaged smiles with the use of either complete or partial dentures.
Complete – comfortable, natural looking dentures are used to replace a full set of teeth and are made from impressions of your gums and pictures of your mouth and face. These moulds and images are then sent to a dental lab, where your personal dentures will be created to ensure a comfortable, functional and overall perfect fit. Complete dentures can be made for both your top and bottom jaws and are held in place with the suction created by your gums. Denture fixatives can be used for extra support.
Partial – comfortable, natural looking dentures are used to replace one or several missing teeth and prevent the remaining healthy teeth from moving due to tooth loss. Partial dentures are secured using clasps which are attached to the surrounding teeth to keep them in place.
What are Implant Retained Dentures?
Implant retained dentures are dentures stabilised by dental implants to stop movement, which can otherwise make gums sore and tender. The implants used are either traditional or mini depending on the condition of your jaw and gums – both are able to provide extra denture stabilisation.
What are the benefits of Implant Retained Dentures?
Implant retained dentures offer great benefits to many people who have suffered with loose and painful dentures including:
- You can eat, speak and smile without worrying about your denture becoming loose.
- Sore spots and pressure points will be a thing of the past.
- Implants can help to prevent bone loss which often occurs when missing tooth roots are left unfilled.
- A gorgeous looking and natural feeling smile.