Family Dentist in Dundee
At Nethergate Dental Practice, we believe in the same levels of excellent care for children as we do for adults. Many of our patients choose to have all the Family Dentistry treatments provided for by our talented team – some across three generations, and occasionally four!
Our aim is to share with you and your family all the latest knowledge about maintaining lifelong dental health. We utilise leading-edge technology to provide gentle diagnosis and, if necessary, treatment – and we have an excellent success rate, even with the most reluctant of patients.
An introduction to the Dental Experience:
Dental care begins with a Happy Visit for children aged under five. This helps to gently introduce them to dental care by making it fun! The visit consists of an appointment with one of our dental therapists, including an introduction to the dental experience and advice on care and future needs.
We recommend Happy Visits from around the age of two-and-a-half, but we are happy to look at your children’s teeth or give advice from any age.
For the over-fives they have a visit with the dentist. Necessary radiographs or x-rays will be prescribed at appropriate intervals to check that all the teeth are developing normally, and to screen for any tooth decay.
We also provide the following preventive treatments:
- Air abrasion – gently puffs away, rather than using the drill.
- Fluoride treatment to strengthen teeth and prevent tooth decay.
- Gold standard fissure sealants when the adult molars come in, around six years old.
- Screening orthodontic examination to check for correct development of the bite and tooth/jaw size harmony.
- Oral Health Instruction to develop good habits and prevent gum disease in later life.
We can offer sedation if required for nervous children over 12 years old.